Modern Maples | A Finished Quilt | 2019 FAL
YAY! I am already doing better than last quarter, I have my first finish for Q3! Nothing like a deadline to help push a project to completion.
The fabric for my version of Modern Maples has been pulled for a couple of years now. This past spring I needed the box the fabric was stashed in, so I decided it was a good time to finally stitch up the maple leaf blocks.
After the maple leaf blocks were stitched it took awhile to stitch the scrappy low volume 9-patch blocks. I wanted to use scrap/leftover fabric from my bee group and other projects. At that point I didn't need a finished quilt top anyway, so why rush it!
Once I had the top together, just like many other quilt top it just sat waiting to be finished. And just like many of my quilts I figured this one would be gifted, so I waiting until I really needed it. Once I knew who I was giving it to, I had a deadline, end of August to finish. Then when my hubby went out of town for work a week ago, my evenings after the kiddos were in bed were open. So I took that time to bast, quilt, and finish this off with plenty of time to spare!
For the quilting, I used my tried and true serpentine stitch. I wanted it to feel like the wind was blowing. Plus the serpentine stitch is fun to stitch when I don't want my lines to be perfectly spaced apart.
I also bound this quilt with a chunky binding. I love the framing look it gives the quilt. Plus it just feels cozier with that chunky binding. This quilt brings my quilt total to 155 quilts, so glad I took the time go back and count all of my quilts (so thankful for at least taking a picture of them all) so I can include that number on every label from now on.
This brings my unfinished quilt tops down to 3!
Pattern: Traditional Maple Leaf block in a layout and background of my design
Dimensions: 55 inches x 67 inches
Quilting: Serpentine stitch
Fabrics: Some Lizzy House, Tula Pink, and other blenders, background random low volume scraps
Linking to Finished or Not Friday