I am still having a difficult time with the fact that we are on the brink of a new decade! I am not a young newly married women fresh out of grad school anymore. I am now a well seasoned wife, mother, runner, quilter, sewing teacher, and general outdoor enthusiast.
It is amazing how much can change in 10 years. I became a mom to two awesome girls. I took up quilting to help heal after a miscarriage and never stopped quilting. Quilting has gotten me through some tough times. I started running again and even completed a half marathon, which has been on my bucket list for awhile. Now I can't imagine life without some running. I am excited to see what is in store as we start a new decade.
I really love having a list of goals/things I want to accomplish during the year. Whether they are big goals or just I've been meaning to do this but just haven't made the time kind of goal. I did look at my list of this year and was actually quite surprised to discover that I completed 14 of my 19 goals for this year. Not bad and I hope I can be just as successful and maybe a bit more in 2020.
I tried for a nice mix of quilting and life goals. Without further ado, my 20 in 2020 list!
- Read 52 books
- Read 4 chapter books aloud to my girls
- Run 4 road or trail races
- Spend time outside at least 5 days a week
- Practice yoga once a week
- Be in bed by 11 pm every night
- Go camping in the Porcupine Mountains
- Print out and frame updated family pictures
- Master homemade soft pretzels
- Try 6 new recipes
- Finish bed quilts for Nora and Enna
- Learn machine embroidery on my new machine
- Sew a pair of jeans/trousers
- Sew a jacket
- Sew a pair of shorts
- Make a new Summit bag
- Hand quilt one quilt
- Complete my BOM blocks on time
- Create 2 more mini quilts for the Wall of Geekdom
- Crochet a shawl
What goals do you what to accomplish in 2020?