Skip to main content

A New Potholder

So I while I trying out creating my own curves with the Quick Curve Ruler, I decided to make my test block into a potholder. Because well our potholders have been around since my husband and I got married 8 years ago and I just haven't gotten around to making any.


I love how this little potholder turned out. Just a slight curve, I learned from my test block and will be trying for a little more noticeable curve, but that is for another time.

As for the quilting, I selected the triple stitched zig zag on my machine and love the effect. Then to secure the binding down I did a small zig zag that covers the entire back of the binding. So it should handle multiple washes just fine!

I love a project that is practical and it uses up some of my random scraps squares. I have actually been doing a lot of scrap sewing lately and I'm so happy that I've used up most of them. I guess it will be time for me to create some new scraps!!

Happy Sewing!

Comments

  1. That turned out great and will be a useful finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great potholder! I love making potholders, so quick and easy and they make such great gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely little finish! I recently got a quick curve ruler and haven't had time to have a play .....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mini Modern Maples Cushion Cover | Scrap Project 6

Ahh, I just love fall! Hands down my favorite season, especially in the UP. There are a few leaves starting to change color and I'm so excited. I'm looking forward to a color tour in a few weeks and really hope I have a few quilts done so I can take some quilt in the wild photos. So with fall rolling in, I figured I would make a fun little fall inspired cushion cover. And since I've been on small scale sewing kick, I thought a mini modern maple cover was just what I needed for my living room. Plus, lets face it this was just a perfect reason to dig through the scrap bins and use up those small little scraps. My mini maple block finishes at 3 inches and when added to a mini 9 patch block it makes for a lovely scrappy cushion cover. For the quilting a did a orange peel design and while a little wonky, I love it! Lately I've been at a lose as to what I want to quilt on my quilts, so this was a nice change. I quilted this cover on my Janome HD9. This bab

2017 New Quilt Blogger Blog Hop

for the last several weeks i have been participating in the 2017 New Quilt Bloggers Blog Hop, hosted by Yvonne ( Quilting Jet Girl ), Beth ( Cooking Up Quilts ), and Leanne ( She Can Quilt ). while i have been blogging for a little while, this blog hop has been great to hone my blogging skills and meet other quilt bloggers. i have been crafty most of my life, i even learned to sew when i was younger. but it didn't really stick. after college i was living in Iowa and on a whim i bought a cheap sewing machine and began a back and forth with sewing. fast forward a few years, i got married and pulled that sewing machine out again and this time actually made a quilt top (that sat for at least 3 years before i quilted it). sewing again was pushed to the side as i was finishing my master's program and job hunting.  well after landing a job, moving, looking for a house. we found out we were expecting. though it was not to be and i miscarried in march 2011. during the next ye

Let's Catch Up | A Couple of Rainbow Quilts

2020 has been one hell of a year! I am trying to make my way back to this space, but I know it will be hit or miss as we get ready to move in a couple of weeks! During my time away I spend a lot of it helping my kiddo with school and stitching up a bunch of new quilts. I still can't believe it has been 2.5 years since we moved to the Upper Peninsula. Now we are moving again, staying in the U.P, just moving closer to my job working at a quilt shop. So of course my oldest daughter wanted to give her two friends quilts before we move, so that meant I needed to get quilting. This first quilt was made with my 2.5 inch square stash. I originally sewed 16-patch blocks, but wanted more of a punch, so I sewed 4, 16-patch blocks together to make one large block. Since I wanted to create a rainbow spectrum, I added the sashing and finished with a border. I love how this one turned out and Nora's friend loved it. One of the perks of my job is access to a long arm machine! I am really start