Skip to main content

Doctor Who Quilt : One Last Quilt for 2015

I finished my Doctor Who Quilt, and only a week after Christmas. Good thing my hubby didn't mind!


I was able to quilt this in secret, but knew I wasn't going to be able to get the binding done in time for me to give it to him for Christmas. So I showed him and he was quite excited to have a quilt that was just for him! Well today I managed to finish with the binding and crinkled it in the washer and dryer and I must say I love it too! There is just something about a quilt fresh from the dryer.

I'm so happy to have finished this one before the end of 2015, because I am going into 2016 with one unfinished project!

Quilt Stats
Pattern: Building Block from Think Big by Amy Ellis
Dimensions: 54.5 inches x 72.5 inches
Quilting: organic wavy lines
Fabric: Doctor Who fabric from JoAnn, Cotton + Steel Basics, Art Gallery Prism, Allison Glass Sunprint, and Tula Pink True Colors.

Have a Happy New Year!

Linking up with:
Crazy Mom Quilts
Let's Bee Social

Comments

  1. How fun those fabrics are. I love Amy's big blocks. This looks great, congrats. It's good to make one for the hubby once in a while - keeps him happy that we spend so much time the studio. (Oh yeah - and of course, to show them we love them, too!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Geometric Captain America Shield : Free Pattern

so a couple of months ago, i signed up for the MARVELous Craft Swap through Instagram hosted by  @justjoshinkids . what i love about swaps is the chance to try something new. for this swap i wanted to try and design a paper pieced pattern based on Captain America's Shield. and taking my inspiration from @quietplay i made the pattern geometric, so i could make the shield more scrappy in nature. i used the free quilt design program called QuiltAssistant to design my pattern. after figuring out what the heck i was doing, i finally landed on a pattern that worked. with a few minor tweaks here and there, i am happy how it turned out. the pattern finishes at 13 inches square, but i slightly oversized it, so i could trim the edges down to 12.5 inches, to finish at 12 inches. I loved designing this pattern and have a few more in the works that I hope to release as well. You can find this pattern on Payhip . This pattern is for personal, not for profit use only. If you do

Modern Green Bay Packers Sampler Quilt | A Finished Quilt

  Shortly after we moved to the UP 3 years ago, I was browsing Pinterest as one does and found this quilt . Being originally from the lower peninsula of Michigan that we must be Lion fans. Well I was never really a Lions fan and my husband and I don't watch football at all. We became friends with a couple who love the Packers, so I started pulling fabrics and slowly making blocks. After 3 years in the making it is finally done and our friends love it. During the initial shutdown for COVID-19, I really starting going to town on this quilt. Plus I had my 2020 Triple Block Bee-mates help with the filler cross blocks. This was a nice project that I could just loose myself in. Besides doing virtual schooling with my kiddo, my afternoons were spent in my sewing room. I went through so much stash! I didn't do any planning when I began sewing the blocks, so putting this together was a bit of a challenge. But it was like a giant puzzle and I like how it turned out. Now I have other idea

Let's Catch Up | A Couple of Rainbow Quilts

2020 has been one hell of a year! I am trying to make my way back to this space, but I know it will be hit or miss as we get ready to move in a couple of weeks! During my time away I spend a lot of it helping my kiddo with school and stitching up a bunch of new quilts. I still can't believe it has been 2.5 years since we moved to the Upper Peninsula. Now we are moving again, staying in the U.P, just moving closer to my job working at a quilt shop. So of course my oldest daughter wanted to give her two friends quilts before we move, so that meant I needed to get quilting. This first quilt was made with my 2.5 inch square stash. I originally sewed 16-patch blocks, but wanted more of a punch, so I sewed 4, 16-patch blocks together to make one large block. Since I wanted to create a rainbow spectrum, I added the sashing and finished with a border. I love how this one turned out and Nora's friend loved it. One of the perks of my job is access to a long arm machine! I am really start