- No more baby gates! Nora has mastered going up and down stairs without assistance. Plus she learned how to open the gate, so Derek and I figured it was time for them to come down.
- And no more highchair! Nora wanted to sit in the chairs just like mom and dad. Now we have a booster and she is much happier.
- Gardening. We have a small deck garden and I love looking out and seeing our plants grow.
- Biking. As a one car family, I'm car free during the day, so that means I either walk or bike everywhere. And biking has been great conditioning for my sore shins and knee.
- Having Nora help me feed our dog Berrie. I scoop out the food, she carries the cup to Berrie's bowl then pours it into her bowl. Sometimes Nora misses the bowl, but Berrie is really good about cleaning up!
- Camping! It was so much fun getting together with Derek's family and camp out for the weekend. And we have discovered that Nora loves the water!
Ahh, I just love fall! Hands down my favorite season, especially in the UP. There are a few leaves starting to change color and I'm so excited. I'm looking forward to a color tour in a few weeks and really hope I have a few quilts done so I can take some quilt in the wild photos. So with fall rolling in, I figured I would make a fun little fall inspired cushion cover. And since I've been on small scale sewing kick, I thought a mini modern maple cover was just what I needed for my living room. Plus, lets face it this was just a perfect reason to dig through the scrap bins and use up those small little scraps. My mini maple block finishes at 3 inches and when added to a mini 9 patch block it makes for a lovely scrappy cushion cover. For the quilting a did a orange peel design and while a little wonky, I love it! Lately I've been at a lose as to what I want to quilt on my quilts, so this was a nice change. I quilted this cover on my Janome HD9. This bab