- No more baby gates! Nora has mastered going up and down stairs without assistance. Plus she learned how to open the gate, so Derek and I figured it was time for them to come down.
- And no more highchair! Nora wanted to sit in the chairs just like mom and dad. Now we have a booster and she is much happier.
- Gardening. We have a small deck garden and I love looking out and seeing our plants grow.
- Biking. As a one car family, I'm car free during the day, so that means I either walk or bike everywhere. And biking has been great conditioning for my sore shins and knee.
- Having Nora help me feed our dog Berrie. I scoop out the food, she carries the cup to Berrie's bowl then pours it into her bowl. Sometimes Nora misses the bowl, but Berrie is really good about cleaning up!
- Camping! It was so much fun getting together with Derek's family and camp out for the weekend. And we have discovered that Nora loves the water!
for the last several weeks i have been participating in the 2017 New Quilt Bloggers Blog Hop, hosted by Yvonne ( Quilting Jet Girl ), Beth ( Cooking Up Quilts ), and Leanne ( She Can Quilt ). while i have been blogging for a little while, this blog hop has been great to hone my blogging skills and meet other quilt bloggers. i have been crafty most of my life, i even learned to sew when i was younger. but it didn't really stick. after college i was living in Iowa and on a whim i bought a cheap sewing machine and began a back and forth with sewing. fast forward a few years, i got married and pulled that sewing machine out again and this time actually made a quilt top (that sat for at least 3 years before i quilted it). sewing again was pushed to the side as i was finishing my master's program and job hunting. well after landing a job, moving, looking for a house. we found out we were expecting. though it was not to be and i miscarried in march 2011. during the next ye